Saturday, February 26, 2011

Awakening My Super Warrior


Hey, so today I want to share with you the story of how I almost gave up on my business and the life of my dreams. On Thursday,  I finished  writing out my barriers to accessibility for the accessibility advisory committee that I am on. Even though I was writing my barriers in point form, it still took me awhile. It took so long to type that I became incredibly sore and I started to spasm. I felt defeated and I thought to myself “how the hell am I going to succeed in my business and in life when typing causes me this much physical pain?! I can’t do this anymore.” spent the majority of the day in a funk because I just did not see a way around this very real obstacle.
I was truly at the point of giving up even though I knew that whenever I have been at this point in the past, things got better. However, it wasn’t until I read the post that my friend Julie Wisewrote that my mood shifted. Julie had sent me an email on Monday, saying that she wrote about me in her blog, though I did not see her email until Thursday night..To make a long story short; Julie’s post reminded me of what I have to offer the world and I said “okay, I can do this. I am going to achieve my dreams.“
My resolution to not give up, awakened and transformed me into what I like to call my super warrior. These warriors are strong, powerful, confident and adaptive. They are not stopped or discouraged by their unforeseen obstacles and above all, they never give up on their dreams.
The concept of the super warrior was inspired by Jonathan Budd’s quote; ”The True Warrior, When Battling For His Destiny, Does Not Fight With His Fists… He Fights With His Heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment