Monday, August 15, 2011

Messages from the Unexpected


I was watching The Glee Project this morning and one of the contenders did a “last chance performance” of Defying Gravity. It is definitely a favourite of mine and even though I have listened to the song countless times, the following lyrics really jumped out at me.
“Too long I’ve been afraid of losing love I guess I’ve lost. Well, if that’s love, it comes at much too high a cost!”
I feel like those lyrics are very true for me, especially for what’s currently happening in my life. I refrain from doing certain things just in case, I make the people who I depend on mad enough that they won’t help me. I also worry about saying something that will result in me losing a friend. Though, my worries are not helping anyone, so I need to let go of them. I am not a bad person, nor am I inferior; I am me.
“I am me”, reminds me of lyrics from another song that was on this week’s Glee Project. “I can’t be right for somebody else, if I’m not right for me.”
Some people don’t like me and they may never be huge fans of mine. However, some do like me for who I am and I’ll find others who like me and want to be friends. I tend to struggle with this idea, though I have to remember that things will work out just as long as I’m happy with myself. The rest of it is details!
Isn’t it kind of crazy how assistance can come in unexpected mediums? This is one of the reasons why I love Glee so much; it inspires me to keep going and persevere regardless of the situation. I’m very grateful to have such an inspiration in my life.
So folks, I will leave it at that. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment