Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Arch Nemesis


This morning, I came to a realization that I am my own worst enemy, my arch nemesis if you will. I have always intellectually known that though I never really saw it until this morning when I watched the latest episode of Warehouse 13. The episode’s protagonists get trapped in a video game where their deepest fears come to play. They have a choice to either overcome their fears, finish the game and get back to reality or wait for their fears to best them.
It’s time for me to get out of my way and stop letting  my fears colour my goals. I know of other people who have similar physical limitations to me that are now quite successful. When people reminded me of this, I’d say that they were clearly better than I, though I don’t believe that I am inferior to them or anyone anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment