Monday, April 11, 2011

Thoughts About Moving


Ever since my parents started moving, I’ve been very anxious about it. I’m moving into a new chapter of my life rather quickly and I find it to be a tad overwhelming. It is just a lot to take in at once. Also, the prospect of living on my own scares me a little. However, I really do not want to move three to five hours away with my parents. I love my mum and dad, though I am worried that if I stay with them, I may never live my dreams.
My parents are good parents, it’s just that they are getting older and it is getting harder for them to physically assist me. For instance, the Toronto Film School phoned me on Friday and said they would like to make an appointment with me. One of the school’s admissions people wants to have a face to face conversation and more accurately assess if their program is right for me. I have the beginnings of a plan to get to the film school without my parents’ help, though if things don’t work out, I won’t be able to go to the TFS.
My mum and dad went to check out houses yesterday, in Sarnia and when they came back, they were talking about building a house. So, I realize that we’re not moving “tomorrow”. The moral of the story is; in order to avoid freaking out due to my peaking anxiety, I must remember to pause and breathe every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment