Saturday, November 13, 2010

Connections

Today's post is inspired by this week's episode of Glee - "Never Been Kissed". The episode touched upon how alone people can feel and it also demonstrated the value of friendship. Sometimes, the importance of genuine connections are overlooked quite frequently which can lead to a variety of unfavorable situations. For example, I felt really alone in high school after I changed schools and my best friend died. my social life became virtually non-existent. I had some friends even though I didn't get to hang out with them very often at all though most of the time I felt alienated and misunderstood. I kept getting rejected because I was different and it all became very depressing.

I am now friends with some of the most amazing people and even though we rarely see each other, I still feel really connected with them. I truly believe that having at the very least one genuine connection with someone is so important and this is why I make the following offer. I am offering to extend my friendship to all who want it.

"True friendship is seen through the heart, not through the eyes." - Unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment