Monday, November 28, 2011

Hangin' with Harry

"Growing Up Potter" meant I got to go to dances,go shopping, play a freaking cool sport and learn some awesome spells. But do you know what the best part was? I got to do all of this while hanging out with my friends, and it didn't even matter that I couldn't walk. I had entered  into a world where anything was possible. Rowling created a world where kids like me could experience the magick in life, and feel like we belonged.

I am very grateful that I stumbled upon the "Growing Up Potter" article by Emily Asher-Perrin because it reminded me of how I felt when I read/listened to the books. It is a really great feeling - it's one that evokes warmth, hope, and excitement for the world. It's a very empowering feeling that I hope to share through my upcoming book series, and in the other work that I'll do.

I've spent the majority of the past week in "lock down" because I was trying to finish my book. I took a hiatus from the social web, and I managed to start and complete draft 6 of the first book. I'm pretty happy with it, so there won't be another draft. YAY! Now I am going to see about finding an agent and a publisher, however, I'll look into that after I get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment