Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dreams: Change IS Possible

Ever since I was little, I believed in the possibility of a better world - a sort of Utopia. I looked up to people like Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., Buddha, the 14th Dalai Lama and Jesus. I thought if they changed their worlds, why can't we change ours? However, as I got older, and began to the inevitable hardships of life, my belief was clouded over and got pushed into the back of my mind.

Until quite recently, I thought that until catastrophic happened on a global scale, or until some enlightened figure would step into the public eye, people wouldn't want to ban together. Though, as it turns out, I was wrong. A better world is possible now - change is possible now.

KONY 2012

Kony 2012 is a documentary and campaign focused on bringing awareness to the child soldiers in Uganda, and Joseph Kony (the man responsible for them) to justice. www.invisiblechildren.com

Bully Movie (2012)



Bully is a documentary that chronicles the lives of young, bullied, American students and their families. thebullyproject.com

The It Gets Better Project




The It Gets Better Project was started by Dan Savage for LGBTQ youth, in response to strings of suicides due to all the homophobic bullying. www.itgetsbetter.org

These three videos are just a few examples of how everyday people are changing the world. This proves that we (the everyday person) can change our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment