Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bullying, and the Importance of Starkeeper and Living your Dreams

Today, I want to talk about bullying, and the importance of Starkeeper (my graphic novel) and living your dreams. Bullying is a real problem and one that I feel quite strongly about! This isn’t just because I have experienced it and continue to, but because millions of people experience it every day. According to a statistic released in 2010, there are about 2.7 million students being bullied each year. In response to this, I have heard many say, “high school sucks, but you’ll get through it,” or “people are mean to each other, but what can ya do?” I feel like the people who make comments akin to these, are dismissing this issue without giving it much credence.  

Saturday night, I was chatting online when someone came on, and told me that I was going to be a lonely old guy because no one will want me. This didn’t hurt me, it just made me FURIOUS because it was bullying. It was cyber bullying, and NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO BULLY, PUT ME OR ANYONE ELSE DOWN AND TAKE AWAY OUR HAPPINESS.

People commit suicide because they see it as their only escape from their bullies. I have been there, but I am glad that I’m still here because now I have the chance to make my dreams come true. If I had gave in to all the naysayers and bullies I encountered, or if I ever do, I would be effectively letting them squash my dreams. No one has the right to stomp out anyone's dreams. Therefore, I vowed never up on mine, and this is one of the reasons that it is so important to me that I get my graphic novel published. 

Being published will help me create the life I want. It'll also prove to me and everyone else that I can do anything. However, another BIG reason is that Starkeeper is my it gets better message to people. I want to show people that perseverance pays off and dreams can come true. 

Life can get better, but we have to make it better, and it's a process that might not happen over night. Also, we believe that we are worthy enough to have better lives

I want to say one more thing before I call it a night; if anyone wants to talk, I'm here for you. You can get a hold of me through Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or email me at andreonwheels@gmail.com. 

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment