Monday, February 20, 2012

Leaps of Faith

This morning, a friend of mine reminded me that sometimes you just have to take leaps of faith. Jomo has decided move to Southern Florida with no idea of how he can afford it. Like me, he's unhappy with his current situation and wants to get out from his parents' wings. Though, despite his present challenges, I think that it is really inspiring how he's still so passionate and enthusiastic about his goals.

Many, many times, I have wanted to give up on my dreams and aspirations, however, Jomo and others like him that helped me push through my difficulties.

I am grateful that I haven't quit trying to achieve my goals because as long as I'm trying, I am moving forward. Now, this is not to say that I have everything planned out, as the logistics of my ventures are presently unknown which is rather daunting to me at the moment. However, if I just lie here in bed and try to block out my emotions like I'm sometimes tempted to do, then I may never get my novel published, or live the life I want.

Life isn't meant to be stagnant. We are either progressing toward achieving our goals or we're not. This is why Jomo and I are putting ourselves out there and asking for help.

If you are interested in learning more about Jomo or myself, or if you are able to help either of us, then please don't hesitate to do so.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment