Sunday, March 18, 2012

How to Save a Life


I spent a lot of Friday crying - I've had a ton on my mind lately. Thursday, I found out that my friend Aisha had died, and two of my other friends aren't exactly at their pinnacles of health either. I'm also stressing out over my book because I still don't know how I can get enough money to hire the artist who has agreed to work with me. My dad said that he'll do the art for me, but honestly, he doesn't really have the time. My mum said that I have enough money right now to hire that artist. However, there are two problems with this. A) I don't want to start working with Kevin and find out halfway through that I actually don't enough to pay him. B) I can't afford to pay Kevin if I want to move to Toronto on my own, which I also really want. So, I do not know what to do! How can I do both? Ugh!

Getting Starkeeper published is so important to me - I know I have said this a lot, but it's true! I do not want my novel to become one of my many failed projects that go nowhere. Plus, bullying is a problem, and I want to do something to speak out against it, you know? and I can with my book. 

Aisha didn't take her life and neither did my friend Scott, however, I knew people who killed themselves. I wish I could've help through whatever they were going through. Like the lyric in The Fray's “How to Save a Life” that goes: "And I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life." Now, I’m not saying that Starkeeper will eradicate bullying, solve all of the world’s problems and save thousands of lives. However, if my graphic novel can make a difference in someone’s life (even if it’s small), then I have to try and do EVERYTHING I can to get my book published.

Lastly, I watched a movie called Cyberbully on Friday that I want to share with you all. I think it has a really good message.

No comments:

Post a Comment